Saturday, January 27, 2007

Blog Entry #1 : Reflection on Blogging

WARNING: Information in the BLOG is very blunt so FYI don't get offended.

Blogging is still really confusing to me. It's really hard for me to understand. I still can't get my comments to show or anything. I've had Sarah Welhms try to help me, but under settings I had the exact same as hers. This is frustrating. To me I feel like blogs are like diaries, and to me they are supposed to be private. I've always hated those online journal websites. They drove me insane! Especially when people would write long sad entries to make people feel sorry for them. I feel like journals, blogs, and myspace are all in this virtual world, and it's crazy! A person that you meet on the net may seem outgoing, but in person they are so shy. It seems like these types of things people use to get noticed.

I really hope my perception of this blogging thing changes, because I'm try to see the benefits of it. It's kind of hard when Myspace has blogs as well, and there are 15 year old girls trying to look attractive for older guys. It's scary these 15 year old girls could be talking to 30 year old perverts. There are so many stories in the news about young girls meeting older guys from sites like myspace. (Sorry it was nice to get that off my chest.)

I don't think blogs would beneficial in the elementary, and middle school classrooms. At that age their maturity level just doesn't seem up to par. I can see where it would be more useful in high school, and college. Some positive aspects would be the easy access to blogging. It's 9:00 pm and I'm doing my homework. It allows users to have easy access to information, because it's just a click away. It can allow blog users of a certain class to communicate, and share ideas that they might be shy to say in class. With positive comes the negative. Online assignments or blogs can make a person lazy about doing their work. Whether they wait until last minute, or read someone else's work, and repeat what they say. I feel that with blogs it might not be the person typing. It could be a really smart sibling, friend, or even parent. It would be better to have students share their ideas in person, and not just through online discussions.

No comments: